Monday, March 19, 2018

Starting the day off right


I started the day by working on Renulek's Wiosna 2018. No, I didn't get far, but I'm happy with the way this round is going. I'm pleased that I made the decision to snip the tight round.


I started another shawl, because I have a ton of yarn to use up! This is The Virus Shawl, which I learned about from my friend Denise. There are several YouTube videos showing how to work this pattern. I just happened to choose this one by Fiber Spider. The tutorial is excellent, and I found that I was able to keep just ahead of the video by the second pattern repeat.


A new little flat shuttle arrived in the mail today. This adorable little hedgehog is by Ayumi Horiai and is available at Tatting Corner. I haven't tatted with it yet, because I'm working with size 20 thread. This little cutie will probably work best with size 80 thread. I have such a weakness for hedgehogs!


Today's Ice Drop is one that I just might keep for myself! The bead is a coin pearl. It's so much prettier in person! The shuttle is one of my favorites from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. The pearl background is perfect for this beautiful lighthouse scene. I have a fascination with lighthouses, and since high school I've had the romantic notion of living in one. I think the stairs would be too much for me these days, but it's fun to dream!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet hedgehog. Your shawl looks like a virus worth catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post to view I am tempted with all the fun 😄💟😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doily looks great!! And I love the design of the shawl!! :)
    Cute hedgehog shuttle!!!! :)
    I like the pearl center Ice Drop!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!